Westmead International School (WIS) is a private-stock corporation founded in 2006. Formerly known as Batangas Institute of Science and Technology,incorporated in 2004, the school is committed to the fulfillment of Higher Education thrusts such as (1) quality and excellence, (2) access and equity, (3) relevance and responsiveness, and (4) efficiency and effectiveness, which are the key indicators of development in the education sector.
Westmead I.S. aims to offer service oriented, quality, and relevant education at all levels. Further, the school aims to produce intelligent and responsible graduates who will pride themselves with adequate knowledge, skills, and attitude competing locally and globally among other graduates.
WIS education is geared towards the full consummation of the talents and potentials of the Filipino youth in the task of nation-building.
WIS is located in
City, with main campus at Gulod Labac and its Basic Education Campus located at Megaheights Subdivision, Alangilan. Westmead I.S. operates on a year-round calendar that follows a dual term schedule. The medium of instruction used is English, except in Filipino courses, and the method of instruction primarily involves one or two instructors giving brief presentations followed by group discussions, individualized student activities, and other teaching and learning approaches.
I. BASIC EDUCATION GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
Guided by the Vision / Mission of Westmead International School, the pre-school, primary and secondary levels are steadfast to the duty of endowing first-rate basic education, thus promoting the holistic development of the student to prepare him/her for the challenges of the global community.
1. To provide instruction that encourages development of each child's practical, cognitive, physical, social, and moral potential.
2. To provide a safe, nurturing environment for learning where individuality is recognized and diversity is celebrated.
3. To present a curriculum that is intellectually stimulating and developmentally appropriate.
4. To foster the values of good citizenship through community service, civic awareness, and development of leadership potential.
5. To encourage initiative, self-discipline, critical thinking and creative approaches to problem-solving.
6. To cultivate, recognize, and respect the opinions and contributions of child, parent, and teacher.
- Super Tykes (2.5-3 Years)
- Nursery Reception K1
- Nursery Reception K2
- Preparatory Level (Year 1)
- Primary Level (Year 2-7)
- Secondary (Year 8-11)
- Campus: WIS Mega Heights – Alangilan